Key to our success is the systematic introduction of younger players from the youth section. We are also keen to recruit new players at 1st XI level and will be pleased to hear from anyone interested from home or overseas. Please get in touch.
Outdoor training takes place at the club on Thursday evenings, depending on the weather and the use of the ground for junior matches. Indoor training takes place at Holmwood House School early in the New Year.
AVAILABILITY AND SELECTION POLICY
- Availability via the web site should be completed as soon as possible - it is the players' responsibility to update their availability on the website by the Monday before weekend games.
- Selection for Saturday and Sunday teams will be done on a Tuesday.
- The Saturday 1st XI will be selected before the 2nd XI and Sunday XI
- Any changes to availability must be immediately reported to the captain.
- Players are reminded that they are playing for EAGCC, not for an individual team.
- Players who drop out at short notice i.e. a day before a game may not be considered for selection the following week.
- Players who have paid their annual subscriptions will take priority over those who haven't once June has commenced.
Senior players are required to buy a club shirt and cap from the club web site.
1st XI players are also expected to purchase training kit.
Details of subscriptions and match fees can be found here.
Contact your team captain for information or check the club website. Do not 'phone until two hours before the due start of play.
All players are expected to turn up to matches at least one hour before they are due to start.