EAGCC currently fields three senior cricket teams; two on a Saturday and one a Sunday.
The First XI plays on Saturdays in The Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Division 5 having gained promotion in 2013, 2014 and 2015. We are hoping to continue our rise up the leagues this season.
The Second XI also play on a Saturday in Division 8 East of the Two Counties league. Combining many of our promising youth players with our experienced ‘veterans’ the team is captained by Richard Polley and aims to provide a balanced introduction to senior cricket for younger players.
The Sunday IX captained by Alex Hammond will compete in Division One of the North Essex Cricket League. Facing some of the best teams in North Essex, 2017 is shaping up to be a difficult but exciting prospect.
For League info visit Two Counties and NECL websites.
Key to our success is the systematic introduction of younger players from the youth section. We are also keen to recruit new players at 1st XI level and will be pleased to hear from anyone interested from home or overseas. Please contact us.
AVAILABILITY AND SELECTION POLICY
ALL players involved in playing for senior sides - including youth players who rotate in - need to note AND ADHERE TO the below. Thank you.
- Availability - via the web site - should be completed as soon as possible, it is the players' responsibility to update their availability on the website by the Monday before weekend games.
- Selection will be done on a Wednesday.
- The Saturday 1st XI will be selected before the 2nd XI and Sunday XI
- Any changes to availability must be immediately reported to the selection chairman, either via the website or directly to me.
- Players are reminded that they are playing for EAGCC, not for an individual team.
- Players who drop out at short notice ie. a day before a game may not be considered for selection the following week.
- Players who have paid their annual subscriptions will take priority over those who haven't once June has commenced.
Senior winter nets with L3 coach Kemsley Robb ran between February and April 2017 at Holmwood House School - see the video for what you missed! Outside training sessions during the season will be advised shortly.
SUBSCRIPTIONS & MATCH FEES
Details of subscriptions and match fees for 2017 can be found here
Contact your team captain for information or checked the club website and social media sites. Do not telephone until TWO hours before the due start of play.
All players are expected to turn up to matches at least ONE hour before they are due to start. Thank you.